Job Purpose: Utilize our cloud-based CRM to quickly respond to all loan inquiries made via the web. Provide consultation over the phone, complete the home loan application and oversee the file from lock to closing. CapWest Senior Loan Officers have a dedicated team to handle all aspects of the loan process (file setup, processing, underwriting, and closing).
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests required information related to loan or credit applications; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information; assures that proper loan information is collected to maintain acceptable credit standards and conform to company policy.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan; approves loans within established lending guidelines.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to company lending policies; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within assigned portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Develops relationships with prospective customers; identifies needs; and recommends solutions.
- Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality; displaying discretion in discussing customer information; obtaining proper information and paperwork to complete transactions; following company policies and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- 1-3 years of mortgage sales experience
- NMLS (CA DOC, DOB, or DRE Licensing required)
- Experience using loan origination tools, Encompass, and Velocify preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of client information